From spark to success
What is the startup club?
The startup club is a service provided by the Börsenverein (German Publishers and Booksellers Association) aimed at assisting young and innovative companies currently developing business ideas relating to the book industry.
One of our goals as a trade association is to enable the access of new and exciting players to the industry. Our startup club services are therefore tailored to the precise needs of participants, which means they range from events and targeted networking activities to knowledge transfer and strategic opportunities to raise visibility within the industry.
In order to ensure that our services produce tangible and best-possible results for club participants, we regularly adjust and fine-tune our approach in tandem with the startups themselves.
The Börsenverein startup club is the gateway for startups in the book industry Katja Rochow, snapload.de
Free access to leading industry events
Networking and exchange
- September: "startup club Weekend compact" in Frankfurt am Main
- October: Frankfurt Book Fair
Get to know decision makers
- Are you looking for strategic contacts to potential clients? We'll find the right contact person for your needs.
Industry and market expertise
- Legal information free of charge
- Your name on the mailing list of the Electronic Publishing Working Group (AKEP) of the Börsenverein (German Publishers and Booksellers Association)
- Current edition of the statistic market compendium "Books and Bookselling in Numbers" ("Buch und Buchhandel in Zahlen")
- "Industry Knowledge" seminar at mediacampus frankfurt
- Interested in presenting your business model to industry experts? We'll find the perfect contact person in the Börsenverein Group
- May: Icebreaker event at Lehmanns Media in Cologne
- October: Speed-dating sessions with industry companies and potential partners at the Frankfurt Book Fair
- Showcasing your business model in the Börsenverein newsletter (sent out to more than 6,000 leading industry decision makers)
Keep up to date: Print subscription to the Börsenblatt (Value €450/year)
We reserve the right to adjust our offer in the event of changed circumstances.
Participation in the startup club is limited to two years. The annual fee is €399 (plus VAT). Any startup with a business model that relates to the book industry or one that can be applied to the book industry is eligible to participate.
- The startup was founded no more than 36 months prior
- For legal reasons, the company is not permitted to apply for a full membership in the Börsenverein des Deutschen Buchhandels e.V. (German Publishers and Booksellers Association), because it cannot be designated as part of the book producing or distributing industry
- A maximum of ten full-time employees
After two years, the startup company will be permitted to become a member of the Börsenverein.
Ute Lütkenhaus Corporate Development, German Publishers and Booksellers Association (Börsenverein)
CONTENTshift geht weiter!
Ab April 2017 bringen wir wieder Start-ups und etablierte Branchenunternehmen zusammen. Sie möchten mit Ihrem Start-up teilnehmen? Die Anmeldung 2017 und weitere Infos folgen in Kürze – stay tuned!
Sie möchten das Programm als Unternehmen unterstützen?
Sprechen Sie uns gerne an: email@example.com
CONTENTshift bei Twitter: @ShiftingContent
CONTENTshift sets out on its second year!
Starting in April 2017, we will be working hard to forge even closer ties between startups and established industry players. Are you developing a startup and interested in taking part? Details about the 2017 programme including registration and other information are on the way – stay tuned!
Are you an established company interested in getting involved and supporting the programme?
Don’t hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTENTshift on Twitter: @ShiftingContent